E. Regensberg & Sons Cigar Co.
|#23||Building Actual use: Office & Warehouse||Back to Factories Map||Next||Back|
East view and main entrance
West view from 17th Street
2701 North 16th Street & Columbus Drive - Ybor City
Location: 2701 North 16th Street, Ybor City- Factory - No. 156
Original Location: 169 Canal Street New York City, N.Y. - Factory No. 490
Built by: C.E. Purcell - 1909 - 1910 - three-story brick building with basement in Romanesque Revival style.
Originally built for: E. Regensburg & Sons Co. (1909-1954) in 1956 Standard Cigar Co. occupied this building, and then later in 1958, M. & N. Cigar Manufacturers from Cleland, Ohio adquired the rights to the Cuesta Rey brand and in 1961 adquired the building.
Architect: S.S. Schwartz
Square footage: 97,000
Note: It's has a clock which still funtions today, and was designed by the world famous Boston clock company E. Howard Company.
Manufacturer of labels: "Admiration, and Happy".
Actual use: Office & Warehouse
Reference information: "Cigar City Architecture and Legacy" - 2015 - Pg. 135 - Author: W. Reyes, Ph. D.
Last update: 11-07-2015